Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in Children's Learning and Development (Early Years Educator) Candidate Handbook
- Publication Date
- November 2014
- Dedicated support for work-based learners taking the new Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in Children's Learning and Development (Early Years Educator).
- Covers all mandatory and selected optional units.
The Candidate Handbook contains many features to aid learning:
- Case studies throughout contain real life stories of situations that early years practitioners might come across, encouraging them to reflect on their own practice and that of other professionals.
- Before you start feature introduces thought-provoking questions about learners' own experience and gets them to reflect on their existing knowledge.
- Theory in Action features add the important real-world focus and give learners a deeper understanding of the theories that underpin their work with children.
- Find the balance features provide tips for effective time-management to support learners in finding the right balance between work and study.
Unit 1: Understand children’s early years education and development
Unit 2: Implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage
Unit 3: Diversity, equality and inclusion in early years settings
Unit 4: Plan and provide effective teaching and learning in early years settings
Unit 5: Make accurate and productive use of assessment in early years settings
Unit 6: Develop effective and informed professional practice in early years settings
Unit 7: Promote the health, safety and wellbeing of children in early years settings
Unit 8: Child protection and safeguarding
Unit 9: Partnership working in early years
Unit 10: Understand how to promote play and learning in the early years
Unit 12: Understand how to work with children in home-based care
Unit 14: Lead and Manage a Community Based Early Years Setting
Unit 20: Care for the Physical and Nutritional Needs of Babies and Young Children
View and download sample material.
Request a coversation with your local Pearson Consultant.
Follow us on Twitter.