BTEC Nationals from September 2016
SUPPORT FOR PLANNING, TEACHING AND LEARNING
Our range of paid for print and digital resources for BTEC Nationals 2016 across a wide range of subjects.
Flexible range of digital and print resources
Guidance, examples and practice exercises help teachers prepare students for assessment
Best-practice pedagogical approaches to help students succeed and progress
Practical activities to develop skills for learning and work
Choose from a range of digital and printed learning and teaching resources, and select the format that suit your needs.
We've selected the formats that are suitable for each subject, download our BTEC Nationals 2016 Support flyer which outlines what is available for your subject.
- Student Book: traditional print resources with free access to an online ActiveBook version.
- ActiveBook for students: eBook version of the Student Book which individual learners can make their own.
- ActiveBook for institutions: your school or college and buy licences to give each student in your class access to their own ActiveBook.
- Kindle edition: available exclusively from Amazon.
- eBook for libraries: find out more from your library eBook supplier.
- BTEC Revise Guides and Workbooks: printed resources to help students practice and prepare with confidence for assessment – and there’s also an ActiveBook version of the BTEC Revise Guides.
Introducing ActiveLearn for BTEC
Subscribe once and secure access to an integrated bank of:
- teaching resources
- e-learning activities with in-built progress tracking
- online course planning
- your own customizable Playlist to create tailored lesson plans.
You can also access selected FREE course materials from the BTEC Nationals qualifications website through ActiveLearn:
- Schemes of Work
- Skills for Learning and Work Activity Sheets.
Just what you need
Whatever size of course you are teaching, you can pick the content that’s just what you need:
- ActiveLearn bundles: we’ve selected the units you need to run a one- or two-year course so it’s easy to buy just what you need in one click.
- Individual units: if you need additional units, it’s easy to buy support for just the units you are teaching.
From dedicated Revision Guides to structured help throughout our print and e-learning resources, you’ll find dedicated support around preparing your students for assessment, so you can feel confident they’re ready to put their learning to the test.
- There are plenty of features built into your new resources to help you check students’ knowledge and understanding during teaching, plus practical guidance for students on what to expect when they take the assessment.
- You will also find tips on how to prepare your students with structured assessment activities encouraging students to self evaluate through a “Plan-Do-Review” approach.
- Building on the bank of Sample Assessments and Sample Marked Learner Work which comes free with the course, your new textbooks provide even more exemplar responses to example questions together with hints and extension questions to provide support where needed and encourage deeper thinking and learning as students approach assessment.
Drawing on the latest research and expert advice, all the learning features in your textbooks, e-learning and revision guides support pedagogical best practice in formative assessment, experiential learning and differentiation.
Embedded throughout your print and digital resources you’ll also find regular opportunities to:
- learn by doing through activities set in real-world contexts
- features to help you map student progress and give feedback to support continuous improvement
- clear guidance with scaffolded activities so you can support your students to learn at the pace that’s right for them.
Your new learning resources underpin BTEC's ethos of developing skills and learning in a real-life context:
"Think Future" case studies showcase how professionals working in industry apply BTEC learning in practice.
There are plenty of tasks and activities to support development of skills essential for progression to higher education and the workplace, for example:
- critical thinking
- working to deadlines and in groups
- planning and evaluation skills.
Register for FREE access to the latest information, sample material and to receive your Support and Evaluation Pack for our all-new BTEC National 2016 resources.